Head of the department, professor, Candidate of Medical Sciences
Telephone: (375 17) 263-41-32
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Belarusian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education was founded in 1949. For more than 70 years the department has been providing advanced training courses for obstetricians and gynecologists, contributing greatly into the development of obstetrician and gynecologic science and practice, rendering organizational and methodological care for healthcare establishments.
The department is situated on two clinical bases
Address: 220114 Minsk, Skoriny Street, build. 16,«Clinical Maternity Hospital of Minsk Region»,
Telephone: (375 17) 267-35-44
- Petr Rusakevich Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor
- Leonid Kasko, Associate Professor, Candidate of Medical Sciences
- Marina Tesakova,Associate Professor, Candidate of Medical Sciences
- Larisa Nebyshinets,Associate Professor, Candidate of Medical Sciences
- Viktor Kirilenko, Associate Professor, Candidate of Medical Sciences
- Elena Grudnitskaya, Associate Professor, Candidate of Medical Sciences
- Irina Shorokh, assistant
- Antonina Shaban, laboratory assistant
Address: 220030 Minsk, Lenina Street, build, 30, Healthcare Establishment «3rd City Clinical Hospital named after E.V.Klumov»
Telephone: (375 17) 327-02-09
Main areas of scientific work
- Readiness of a pregnant woman to the delivery
- Induce labor
- Control over condition of the fetus at physiological pregnancy and pathological pregnancy, during physiological and pathological pregnancy
- Management of postpartum hemorrhage
- Infectious diseases and complications in obstetrical practice
- Actual issues of sterile marriage
- Habitual miscarriage of hormonal etiology
- Pediatric gynecology
- Organ retaining operations with restoration of reproductive function
- Operative treatment of abnormalities of female organs
- Treatment of premalignancies of female reproductive system
Analysis of material and technical basis condition:
The department is situated on 2 clinical bases: Minsk Regional Maternity Hospital; 3rd Minsk Clinical Hospital.
Mastering of new technologies and methods of diagnostics, treatment, prevention:
- Forecasting method of labor induction outcome. Registration № 005-114 of 03.2014.
- Forecasting method of disorders of cardiovascular system functional condition and complications for mother and unborn child in patients at the program EKO: instruction for use № 063-1-0614: approved by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus 22.06.14 / State Educational Establishment «Belarusian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education»; authors: А.М. Pristrom, О.А. Peresada, N.S. Miliuk. – Minsk, 2014. – 5 p.
- Forecasting method of early labor using ultrasound parameters of cervix uteri. Registration № 004-0114 от 03.2014.
Scientific and research work:
- Scientific and research work «To develop forecasting method of labor induction outcome on the basis of indicators of acute inflammation phase in blood and mother’s cervical mucus». Authors: S.V.Voskresensky, M.L.Tesakova., M.Y.Yurkevich, E.V.Shilkina, E.V.Melnik, O.L.Maloletkina; financing: Belarusian Republican Foundation of Fundamental Researches by agreement № М13-052 of 16.04.2013, registered at Belarusian Institute of Modern Analysis number of state registration № 20131497 of 15.07.2013.
- There have been determined the following levels: ФНО-α, IL-8, IL-4, IL-10 in blood and cervical secretion in women with induced At labor induction by dinoprostone gel, risk factor of unfavorable outcome of approaching labor after induction in the blood is the following: low ФНО-α; in cervical secretion: lack of level growth of ФНО-α, level reduction of IL-8 in 2 and more times, level growth of IL-4 in 2 and more times. At labor induction by mechanical means, high risk of unfavorable outcome of labor induction is proved by high level of IL-8 in blood and its low level in cervical secretion before labor induction. Indicators of the highest diagnostic and forecasting value are the following ones: at labor induction by dinoprostone gel - low level of ФНО-α in blood; lack of level growth of ФНО-α, level reduction of IL-8 in 2 and more times and level rise of IL-4 in 2 and more times in cervical segment; at labor induction by mechanic means – high level of IL-8 in blood and low level of it in cervical segment before labor induction. The only immunologic predictive indicator of unfavorable labor outcome is indicator IL-8 in blood plasma before labor induction (for 1-24 hours) ≥51,6 pg/ml.
- Forecasting method of induce labor outcome has been developed, at which level of IL-8 is determined in blood plasma before labor induction. Forecasting method of induce labor outcome has been developed, at which level of IL-8 is determined in blood plasma before labor induction (for 1-24 hors) by dinoprostone gel, laminaria sticks, Foley catheter; in case level of IL-8 in blood plasma before labor induction is ≥51,6 pg/ml, there must be unfavorable labor outcome (fetus distress, neonatal asphyxia, Caesarian operation). Work is carried out in accordance with the schedule plan. Forecasting method of induce labor outcome has been developed, at which level of IL-8 in blood plasma before labor induction (for 1-24 hours) is determined by dinoprostone gel, laminaria sticks, Foley catheter; in case the level of IL-8 in blood plasma before labor induction ≥51,6 pg/ml, there must be unfavorable outcome of labor induction (fetus distress, neonatal asphyxia, Caesarian operation).
- Financing is 77 000,0 planned and actual).
- Initiative scientific and research work: “To develop clinical and laboratory criteria of treatment by progesterone drugs in case of miscarriage threat at the Ist stage of pregnancy”. Authors: S.L. Voskresensky, V.L. Trishina state registration number № 20130895 of 2012.
- Results of the research are the following ones: in obstetrics for pregnancy support at progesterone deficiency progesterone analogies are applied – gestogens. Today gestogens applied in clinical practice have the following characteristics: they are active; metabolites; they have hormonal panel; able to be connected with different receptors (receptors only to progesterone or to extrogens, androgens); biological effects, clinical effects of local and systemic influence; difference of effects depending on the mode of administration (injectional, oral, vaginal), forms of application (in tablets, gel, capsules) and doses. Micronized progesterone. Intravaginal mode of drug administration helps to achieve optimal concentration of progesterone in endometrium and in this case there can’t be overdosing in respect to system influence on organism, which is connected with its peculiarities of absorption and bioaccessibility. If there is a miscarriage threat affected by progesterone insufficiency, Utrogectan is applied from the early pregnancy, - 2–4 capsules (1 capsule contains 100mg) twice a day till 12–16 pregnancy weeks, if it is necessary the therapy may be prolonged till 20 weeks. At oral mode of administration Utrogectan has a sedative action, giving sense of tranquility and reducing aggression. This light sedative effect is achieved after taking of Utrogectan orally in a dose of 200 mg in the evening. Besides, Utrogectan has a tocolytic effect, which is maximally achieved after oral taking in a dose of 200-400 mg per day. At present didrogesteron is used in obstetrics at the following pathology: risk of miscarriage with the presence of retroxorial hematoma – 10 mg 3–4 times/day until hemostasis with further dose reduction to 10 mg 2 times/day.
- We offer method of differentiated application of progesterone drugs in cases of miscarriage at the Ist trimester of pregnancy. In cases of miscarriage risk at the period of 5-6 pregnancy weeks it is reasonable to prescribe Utrogectan in a dose of 100-200mg a day every 12 hours. If there is a miscarriage risk after 9 weeks of pregnancy it is necessary to prescribe Dufaston in a dose 10mg every 8-12 hours.
- Guidance manuals and methodological recommendations – 3; 384 pages.
- Articles in CIS publications – 7
- Articles in Belarusian publications – 8; 35 pages.
- Abstracts in CIS publications – 3, 6 pages.
- Abstracts (publication in the Republic of Belarus) – 2; 7 pages.
Scientific Information Work:
Specialists of the department write articles for publication in medical and scientific journals make presentations and read lectures at medical conferences, present them in mass media.
Consultations with physicians
Consultations with the department’s specialists can be made at the following healthcare establishments:
- Minsk City Clinical Hospital №3
- Maternity Hospital of Minsk Region
- Professor’s Medical Advisory Center
- Republican Center of Emergency Care
- Center of Emergency Care of Minsk Region
- In all healthcare establishments of Minsk Region